Gutters work in conjunction with your roof to direct water away from your home and prevent water damage to your foundation, as well as the interior and exterior of your home. Even if your roof is in perfect shape, neglected gutters can cost you a lot of money.
Depending on where you live, experts recommend cleaning your gutters 2-4 times a year to ensure that they are functioning properly. But cleaning gutters can be time-consuming, expensive, and even dangerous.
If you are thinking about new gutters, consider also installing gutter guards.
Gutter guards cover the top of your gutter, and prevent certain debris from entering. Styles vary, with some keeping out large debris like leaves, and other micromesh styles keeping out pine needles and even tiny particles while still allowing water to easily flow through. They function similar to a colander or strainer.
Gutter guards reduce the frequency of gutter cleanings, and prevent clogged gutters. While you will periodically want to clean debris from the top of the gutter guards, this tends to be a quick and easy process that requires a fraction of the time of traditional gutter cleaning and does not occur as frequently.
Gutter guards work year-round to prevent clogging and protect your home.
- Prevent water from getting trapped on debris in the gutters and freezing.
- Ice in your gutters can cause unnecessary weight which can damage your gutters.
- Ice can prevent the free flow of water, and result in gutter overflows.
- Keep out seed pods, flower petals, and buds.
- Prevent birds, squirrels, rodents, etc. from building nests in your gutters.
- Keep out sticks and debris.
- Prevent trees and plants from growing in your gutters.
- Keep out leaves and other debris.
If you are installing new gutters or a new roof, talk to us about gutter guards. Contact us today at 585-400-7663 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free estimate.