You are finally ready for your exterior home improvement. You got the estimates, did your due diligence, signed the contract, and submitted the deposit. So, what can you expect now?
As soon as your completed contract is signed and deposit received, our team begins putting together all of the information for the work—including preparing a materials list, ordering supplies as necessary, and determining crew availability. Depending on the job specifics, this can take some time. For example, if you ordered designer shingles, they will probably need to be specially ordered which can take a few weeks. We typically will not call you until we have a good sense of when we can schedule your work. If you have specific restrictions around when work can be done, simply let your Sales Account Manager know and they will make sure that the production team receives that information.
Some things to know about the work:
- You do NOT need to be home while work is taking place. It is completely your choice.
- You do NOT need to interact with the crew. They have all of the specifications for your work. Most of your contact will be with your Production Manager.
- You do NOT need to provide the crew with food, restrooms, etc.
- Your home will be a temporary construction site. We will do our best to keep noise and disruption at a minimum, but it will probably be loud and dirty for the duration of the project.
- We will need access to electricity, and will talk with you about the best place to access it.
- Your pets and children (and you!) should stay inside while the crew is working. While we do our best to keep the area neat, to avoid potential injury it is probably best to take your dogs for walks the days of construction instead of letting them into the yard.
- If the project takes place over multiple days, we will try to do some cleanup at the end of each day and will always clean the driveway and entrance to your home. Complete cleanup will take place at the end of the work (magnets to pick up all nails, etc.)
- The dumpster is typically picked up 1-2 days after job completion, and any extra materials are picked up within 2-3 days.
- If you are having multiple services completed, one service might need to be completely finished before the next one can be scheduled and/or completed (ex: roof and gutters). The production team will talk this through with you when they schedule the initial work.
At the end of all of the work, you will receive an email with all of the specifics. In many cases, we will also schedule a walkthrough with you and either your Sales Account Manager or Production Manager to inspect the work and answer any questions that you may have.
Even after the work is done, we are always available to answer any questions you might have.
Do you have work scheduled, or are thinking about getting work done on the exterior of your home? Contact us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-400-7663.