You think it may be time for a new roof, but you’re not sure how to tell. There are a few easy things to do to determine if a new roof might be in your future.
- Check your attic!
- If you see light coming through the ceiling, that is a sure indication that there is damage to your roof. Other signs include stains, streaks, or water damage.
- Check the ceilings
- If you have water stains on any of the ceilings in your home, there is a leak somewhere. It may be from your roof.
- Research the age of your roof
- Asphalt roofs have a typical life expectancy of 20-30 years. Of course, roofs installed with Allstate Roofing & More, LLC’s GAF 50-year warranty have double that!
- Is there any drooping or sagging on the roof?
- This is a sure sign of moisture and rotting boards
- Check your shingles
- Are any missing, broken, or cracked? Do they not lay flat? All of these indicate a problem. Depending on the extent of the damage and the age of your roof you might need the roof repaired or replaced.
- Are there discolored areas on your roof? Do you see granules in your gutters?
- Granules basically coat the shingle with weather resistance and a UV barrier. They also provide color to the roof. If granules are shedding, it means that your roof is more susceptible to weather, and will need to be replaced in the short term.
- Is the chimney flashing holding up?
- “Flashing” provides a watertight seal between the chimney and the roof. If the flashing is wearing down or missing, it will result in a leak in your roof. It may not require a whole roof replacement, but will definitely need to be fixed.
If you think you might need a new roof, or a roof repair, contact us at 585-400-7663 or email@example.com for a free roof evaluation and estimate.