Now that the weather is nicer and your roof is not covered with snow it is finally time to inspect your roof and gutters. Things to look for:
- Missing shingles
- Raised shingles (they should always lay flat)
- Gutters pulling away from the house
- Gutters sloping in the wrong direction
So, what is the biggest mistake that you can make if you see a problem with your roof? Waiting too long to get it checked out/fixed. Just one missing or damaged shingle can cause a ripple effect that can lead to lasting damage to your roof and even the interior of your home.
Allstate Roofing and More, LLC provides free evaluations and estimates. If something doesn’t seem right, have it checked out before it becomes a problem!
A few things to keep in mind:
- It is not possible to replace just one shingle. Over time, shingles become hard and brittle. If you tried to replace just one, more damage would occur to existing shingles and it would void any warranty that you may have.
- It is possible to just replace a facet, or section, of a roof if the rest of the roof is in good condition. If done properly, this also maintains any roofing warranty.
See Jim Lorentz, Allstate Roofing and More, LLC’s Production Manager, show 13 WHAM’s Ashley Doerzbacher what to look for on your roof and gutters and what to be thinking about now that Spring is here: